The inability of the digestive system to assimilate eaten food causes constipation. This problem stems from a failure of the concerned muscular activity, leading to irregular or hard and dry bowel movements.
Constipation occurs in one of two following types: organic and functional. Organic constipation needs to be handled by a doctor. Functional constipation happens due to an inadequate diet and lack of water, stress, and a generally unhealthy lifestyle. Excessively processed foods weaken the walls of the colon, consequently hardening the stool.
Five kinds of laxatives can be administered for immediate constipation relief:
- Stool softening laxatives are a mix of oil and water, which help in softening the stool in 1-4 days.
- Bulk creating laxatives bought at the drugstore are the safest and can be consumed over a long period. They contain high amounts of fiber. This adds bulk to the stool, along with retained water, thereby accelerating the bowel movement. Fiber is best sourced directly from food.
- Lubricant laxatives lubricate the walls of the intestines, providing immediate constipation relief in 1-3 days. The two kinds of lubricant laxatives are mineral oil, which is taken orally, and glycerine oil, which is inserted rectally and is meant for extreme cases. They take effect in 1-4 hours by stimulating intestinal muscles, acting as a speedy cure within 5-9 hours.
- Stimulant laxatives are strong and should be used sparingly. They take effect in 6-24 hours.
- Saline laxatives pull in water rapidly into your digestive tract, thereby mobilizing bowel movement within 1-3 hours. They are potent and have to be used cautiously and consumed in small doses.
They function in a way that is similar to drugstore laxatives by softening and expelling the stools.
Herbal laxatives are natural, whereas their drugstore counterparts are chemical-based. Some effective herbal laxatives are aloe, buckthorn, cascara sagrada, and senna. They stimulate the colon walls and give immediate constipation relief.
Acute constipation occurs when the irritated colon becomes very painful. The healthiest cure for constipation is mild herbal laxatives. Along with curing your constipation, they boost general health, preventing the deterioration of constipation. Other healthy herbal products are flax seeds, certified organic cloves, black seeds, and slippery elm. Instead of just taking one herbal remedy from the list below, it is best to create a mixture of these herbal remedies:
- Black seeds are incredibly high in fiber, which is just what you need to achieve immediate constipation relief. They also help improve the overall health of your digestive system, aiding in the prevention of any digestive conditions. These are best added to your herbal mix as eliminators of toxins from the digestive tract.
- Olive leaf relieves you of discomfort. It contains oleuropein, which helps regulate bowels and eradicate toxins.
- Flax seeds are the most beneficial herbal laxatives. They are high in Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. They can be ground and added to cereals, yogurt, salads, soup, and smoothies.
- Cascara sagrada, which is a strong herbal laxative, contains emodin and chrysophanic. These irritate, tone, and detox the colon. They should be used with a gap of 30 days between each dose.
- Certified organic cloves expel bad organisms from the system and boost immediate constipation relief.
- Senna contains sennosides that soften the stool and regulate motion.
- Slippery elm is highly fibrous. When added to your herbal potion, it soothes and detoxes the digestive system. This mucus lines the gut, consequently relieving any sores and ulcers.
- Bentonite, made of clay forms from volcanic ash, removes bad toxins from your colon and encourages good ones, owing to its high sodium count.
- Turkey rhubarb is also a potent herb that cleanses the waste from the intestine and pushes out the blocked mucous and excess feces.
- Aloe vera is a magical herb that cleanses the colon and normalizes bowel movement.
- Peppermint, like aloe vera, soothes the gut and stimulates its normal activity.
- Wormseed purifies the intestinal tract by removing bad bacteria.
- Thyme oil powder, when added to your herbal potion, soothes and purifies the digestive system.
- Garlic extract feeds the good bacteria, boosts immunity, and should be regularly taken.
- Flaxseed oil containing anti-inflammatory Omega-3 lubricates the intestines and promotes vitamins A, D, E, and K in the body. This promotes immediate constipation relief.
- Coffee is an effective intestinal stimulant, but don’t drink more than 2 cups a day.
- Exercise regulates all muscles and contributes to optimum health.
- Baking soda diminishes gut acidity by releasing gas. It is best consumed in warm water, by adding one teaspoonful to a glass of warm water.
- Two spoons of Epsom salt in a glass of juice or water help soften your bowel movements.
Other natural foods such as vitamin- and protein-rich broccoli, fibrous oatmeal and nuts, berries that are rich in antioxidants, pears with vitamins and antioxidants, and fiber-enriched apples help normalize the digestive system and its excretory motion.
With these various drugs, herbs, and edible items, it is easy to get immediate constipation relief.