Ever heard clicking or rattling noises in your ears and thought you were going crazy? Fret not; it’s tinnitus!
Highlighted as a symptom and not a disease, it is often denoted with a ringing, clicking, or buzzing sound inside the ears. Tinnitus can be a precursor or an indicator of other things happening inside your ears such as ear trauma, lack of blood flow, pregnancy, ear damage, or more. However, the good news is that there is always a natural cure for tinnitus.
Causes of tinnitus
Not knowing the cause of tinnitus can often bewilder patients. On an average, almost 15% of the general population faces symptoms of tinnitus. Often denoted by loud ringing, clanking, and rattling noises generating inside the ears, tinnitus can affect an individual’s daily life. As such, it’s certainly good to be aware of the most common indicators of tinnitus and know why tinnitus occurs, or rather, as a result of what does it occur.
Tinnitus takes place in patients as a result of one or more of the following causes:
- Loss of hearing
- Ear infections
- Irregular blood flow
- Specific medications
- Excess buildup of earwax
- Exposure to loud noise
There are several other ear-related causes of tinnitus. However, these are some of the most common symptoms, which are often indicated by tinnitus. Whether major or minor, getting a diagnostic test done to pinpoint the causes of tinnitus certainly helps.
Natural cure for tinnitus
As the saying goes, the best things in life are free. And when it comes close to free, treating tinnitus naturally comes into play. Although taking medication and frequenting the doctor can be the road to effective treatment, more often than not, it is expensive. Opting for a natural cure for tinnitus can make your life easier, hassle-free, and a lot more affordable.
Here’s what you can do for a natural tinnitus cure.
- Avoid exposure to extreme levels of noises such as chainsaws, jackhammers, sonic booms, explosions, etc.
- Consume 120 mg to 240 mg of Ginkgo Biloba every day to experience improved blood circulation.
- Drink any alkaline-balancing solution like apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar works especially well due to its anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take basil, a natural herb that helps relieve ear pain. It is best known for its antibacterial properties.
- Drink onion juice or ingest two crushed cloves of garlic fried in one tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Take saline solution to clear blocked nasal passages as it helps clear out excessive fluids from the nasal passages.
- Take one and a half-spoon of freshly chopped grated ginger and let it sit in boiling water for 10minutes. Strain it, add honey, and drink this mixture two to three times a day to get relief. Chewing on chopped raw ginger also provides pain relief from tinnitus.
- Mustard oil is best known for its circulatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. Warm a little bit of mustard oil in a microwave and put a few drops of lukewarm mustard oil in your ears. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Don’t forget to tilt your head afterward to let the oil seep out of your ears. Remove the remnant earwax with a soft earbud and clean up your ears. You can repeat this remedy few times a week for reducing ear infections and lessening signs of tinnitus.
- Tinnitus has been linked to a deficiency in vitamin A. A natural cure for tinnitus is having pumpkins since they’re a rich source of vitamin A. Additionally, vitamin A improves the functioning of the inner ear or cochlea, which in turn, improves sound reception in your ears. This eliminates drumming noises and tinnitus, on the whole.
- Have pineapple as it helps reduce inflammation. Drinking pineapple juice is also beneficial. Rich in vitamin A and bromelain, you can incorporate pineapple into your diet for accelerating results.
Additional tips to cure tinnitus
Finding a natural cure for tinnitus is great, but finding a cure that prevents its recurrence is even better! There are a couple of ways, which can help avoid any instances of tinnitus:
- Exercise regularly – Exercising improves blood circulation, which leads to overall well-being. This implies better functioning of all body organs, including the ears.
- Eat healthily – Having a diet rich in essential vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids, followed by the right calorie intake or proportions will help you recover and is considered a natural cure for tinnitus.
- Listen to music – Playing sleep music, binaural beats, or even listening to white noise will help you fall asleep a lot easier. This, is again, an ultimate natural cure for tinnitus.